VISA INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM AT US CONSULAR GENERAL, HYDERABAD
INTERVIEW WAIVER PROGRAM
- This pilot program permits consular officers to waive interviews for qualified nonimmigrant applicants worldwide who are renewing their visa within 48 months of the expiration of their previously held visa, and within the same classification as the previous visa.
- Embassies and consulates have been instructed to begin implementing this pilot program immediately.
- This pilot does not entitle any applicant to a waiver of personal appearance. Consular officers will retain the authority to interview any applicant who they determine requires a personal appearance.
In order to qualify, All of the following must be true:
- You have a previous U.S. visa in the same class as the visa class for which you wish to renew.
- Your previous visa was issued in India.
- You are applying in the consular district where you want your passport delivered.
- You confirm you have no refusals for a visa in any category after your most recent visa issuance.
- You confirm your old visa is NOT annotated with the words “CLEARANCE RECEIVED”.
- If you are applying for a B1/B2 or C1D visa, your prior visa in the same category expired within the last 48 months or is still valid.
- If you are applying for a J2, L2, or H4 visa, your prior visa in the same category expired within the last 12 months or is still valid.
- You understand that if your visa was issued before January 1, 2008, you may be required to submit fingerprints at a consular section.
If ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE TRUE, and you are applying in Hyderabad, please complete an Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application (DS-160) and then e-mail your current passport details along with your old passport number as shown on your old visa(see example below), telephone number, e-mail address, HDFC receipt number and Application Id(barcode) from form DS-160 to HydADMIN@state.gov.