Tag Archive | Social Security Administration

Fact Sheet on Obtaining Social Security Number for Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals (DACA)


Social Security Number Fact Sheet for Deferred Action For Childhood Arrivals (DACA)

Am I eligible for a Social Security number?

• If the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) grants you Deferred Action status and employment authorization, you may be eligible for a Social Security number.
• After you receive your Employment Authorization Card (I-766) from USCIS, you can apply for a Social Security number.

How do I apply for a Social Security number?

• You must visit a Social Security office in person to complete and sign an application for a Social Security number. Find your local office at http://www.socialsecurity.gov/locator.
• You must bring your USCIS-issued Employment Authorization Card (I-766) and proof of age and identity.

Read More…